The vast majority of bus stops in North America are unsheltered. Adding security lighting to these stops is easy with Urban Solar’s suite of transit pole lighting systems. Our systems are cost-effective and feature all the reliability and performance agencies have come to expect from Urban Solar’s shelter lighting systems. All mounting hardware is included for any new or existing transit pole.
PV Stop Max – The Brightest Security Lighting and Real Time Arrival Information for Unsheltered Stops
The most powerful system in the PV Stop family, the PV Stop Max is ideal for northern locations with limited solar energy available during winter months. The PV Stop Max can power 13” and 23” e-paper real time information signs and illuminate a large (~200 ft2) area surrounding a bus stop pole.
- Solar array tilted at 45 to 55 degrees from horizontal for optimal year-round performance
- Luminaires can be oriented in any direction independent of the solar array orientation
- Optional ECM ConnectTM cloud-connected managed lighting and power
- Long-lasting LiFePO4 battery technology; optional AGM batteries for performance in cold environments
PV Stop+ – Security Lighting and Signage, Made Simple
The PV-Stop+ is an all-new easily deployed solution that offers both security lighting and power for digital signage. Featuring a 20W solar panel and lithium ion battery, the PV Stop+ offers dusk to dawn or on-demand operation. An on-demand driver notification signal option is also available.
It features a variety of essential bus stop amenities including signage options, USB storage, security lighting and more—all deployable at any bus stop with a standard transit pole. Made in the USA and featuring the best warranty in the business the PV Stop+ is UL Listed and conforms to Urban Solar’s high standard for quality.
ECM Connect – 24/7 Remote System Management
Our transit pole lighting is also fully compatible with Urban Solar’s ECM Connect™ technology, allowing you to monitor and manage your system remotely. Troubleshoot issues and receive key insights on any device, at any time.
- Reduces rider pass-bys; the top complaint reported by transit agencies
- Enhances security and deters crime
- Power for e-paper real time signage solutions (PV Stop+)
- Optional USB charging port
- No trenching, utility bills or utility involvement
- Mounts to standard transit poles without special footings
- Easy and fast installation
- Independently tested for safety; UL Listed
- Reliable, high performance LED lighting
- Custom colors and decals available
- Industry leading 10-year warranty
- 10W-20W solar options
- On-demand or automatic lighting profiles
- Integrates with any standard transit pole
- Operating range: -40 to 140F (-40 to 60C)
- 3+ nights battery autonomy
- Signal – Button activated bus driver notification
Urban Solar commercial solar lighting and solar power systems are independently tested for safety by Underwriters Laboratories (UL). Representative samples of this product have been evaluated by UL and meet applicable safety standards – as a single, complete operating system.