The vast majority of bus stops in North America are unsheltered. Adding security lighting to these stops is easy with Urban Solar’s suite of transit pole lighting systems. Our systems are cost-effective and feature all the reliability and performance agencies have come to expect from Urban Solar’s shelter lighting systems. All mounting hardware is included for any new or existing transit pole.
PV-Stop+ – Security Lighting and Signage, Made Simple
The PV-Stop+ is an all-new easily deployed solution that offers both security lighting and power for digital signage. Featuring a 20W solar panel and lithium ion battery, the PV Stop+ offers on-demand lighting or dusk to dawn operation at a lower intensity.
PV-Stop – Cost Effective Lighting for Transit Poles
The PV-Stop Series provides cost effective on-demand security lighting to reduce pass-bys and enhance passenger safety. Available in three varieties: PV-Stop (security lighting only), PV Bright-Up (security lighting + dusk to dawn LEDs for stop recognition and branding), PV-Signal (security lighting + driver signal light).
- Reduces rider pass-bys; the top complaint reported by transit agencies
- Enhances security and deters crime
- Power for e-paper real time signage solutions (PV Stop+)
- Optional USB charging port
- No trenching, utility bills or utility involvement
- Mounts to standard transit poles without special footings
- Easy and fast installation
- Independently tested for safety; UL-listing in progress
- Reliable, high performance LED lighting
- Custom colors and decals available
- Industry leading 10-year warranty
- 10W-20W solar options
- On-demand or automatic lighting profiles
- Integrates with any standard transit pole
- Urban Solar Energy Control Module (ECM) with real time clock and low voltage disconnect (optional ECM Connect cloud-based control and monitoring in PV Stop+)
- Operating range: -4 to 140F (-20 to 60C)
- 3+ nights battery autonomy
- Bright Up – Dusk to dawn lantern for stop recognition and branding
- Signal – Button activated bus driver notification
Urban Solar commercial solar lighting and solar power systems are independently tested for safety by Underwriters Laboratories (UL). Representative samples of this product have been evaluated by UL and meet applicable safety standards – as a single, complete operating system.