Urban Solar Introduces PV Stop + Security Lighting for Unsheltered Bus Stops
Urban Solar is pleased to announce the release of an all new product, the PV Stop+.
Compatible with any bus stop pole, the PV Stop+ delivers twice the solar power, illumination and battery storage of previous generation PV Stop products. This additional power allows transit agencies to provide security lighting and e-paper real time signage (RTS) at their stops without the expense and hassle of connecting to the electrical grid.
As with all Urban Solar lighting systems, engineering and design assistance is available free of charge to ensure trouble-free installations on new or existing poles. Free site inspection services allow agencies to ensure that all systems receive adequate solar exposure for years of reliable service.
“At Urban Solar, we incorporate the latest technical innovations into our solar lighting solutions while continuing to offer the best reliability and performance in the industry,” states Garnet Luick, Vice-president of Operations & Engineering at Urban Solar. “For example, we offer clients the option for ECM ConnectTM cloud-based monitoring and control of lighting and other stop amenities through our partnership with OutdoorLink.” Adds Jeff Peters, Urban Solar President, “As the industry leader, we are honored to work with leading transit agencies in over 40 states. Solar security lighting is a win/win for transit users, agency stakeholders and the environment.”
The PV Stop+ includes the following features:
- Fully programmable on-demand (push button) or automatic operation
- Included mounting adaptor for all transit pole types
- Available power for e-paper real time signage (RTS) and other stop amenities (i.e. USB charging)
- Long-lasting lithium-ion battery technology
- Optional ECM ConnectTM cloud-based monitoring and control
- UL system-level listing
- Made in the United States – Buy America compliant
- Industry leading 10-year system warranty