Growing Victoria Solar Energy Company Seeks Inside Sales Representative
The Inside Sales Representative (ISR) will be primarily responsible for providing direct support to senior management and the business development team in the ongoing development of existing and prospective URBAN SOLAR CORP. (USC) clients.
Urban Solar Corp. designs and manufactures solar powered LED lighting systems for the public transit industry and other commercial markets (see website for further details). Incorporated in 2008, Urban Solar is looking to expand its team with a talented Inside Sales Representative to assist with our rapid growth.
Key reasons to work with us:
- Help transit agencies and other government clients reduce their reliance on non-renewable sources of energy and make their cities safer;
- Play a critical role on a small and close-knit team of professionals;
- Learn best-practice processes in sales from experienced professionals;
- Join a growing company with opportunities for career advancement;
- Casual dress code; great work environment
- Regular BBQs and corn hole games;
- Pet-friendly workplace.
The Inside Sales Representative’s KEY responsibilities include:
- Execute Urban Solar’s telephone and email outreach plan to new and prospective clients. This is a key activity; the ISR role will involve making several dozen outbound touches per week;
- Manage company sales tools including Salesforce, according to Urban Solar standards;
- Generate quotes and proposals using Salesforce and other tools;
- Monitor and manage RFP and bid procurement sites. Qualify and distribute relevant bid opportunities to senior sales staff;
- Professionally handle incoming sales calls;
- Assist with RFP and bid responses as required;
- Work directly with the operations team and USC partners to develop materials for clients including structural calculations, photometric plots, site inspection reports and other standard documents as required, all according to USC standards;
- Participate in strategic sales and marketing discussions with senior management and the business development team;
- Conduct primary and secondary research according to best practices and USC standards.
- Limited travel may be required. Valid passport necessary.
The successful candidate will have:
- Excellent outbound telephone skills;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Experience working with Salesforce or other CRM systems;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Ability to develop clear and effective written proposals for current and prospective customers;
- Proven ability to work independently, manage time effectively and prioritize tasks according to changing management needs;
- Proven ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team;
- Proven ability to manage complex projects that require outputs from several stakeholders;
- Proven ability to be assertive and bring forward new ideas;
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills;
- 1-2 years minimum experience in an inside sales representative role or equivalent.
Experience in a business to government (B2G) sales role is an asset.
A university degree is an asset.
This is a full-time position based in Victoria, BC.
SALARY $45,000 to $55,000 DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE.
Please send your cover letter and resume to: Stephanie@urbansolarcorp.com
NO PHONE CALLS OR DROP INS PLEASE. APPLY ONLY IN THE MANNER SPECIFIED.
ONLY SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES SHORTLISTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.